Orange & Pomegranate Juice
Pomegranates are one of the few fruits that are not available all year round, so take advantage of them when in season – normally around Christmas time. It is believed that the juice of the Pomegranate may be effective in reducing heart disease.
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin C
Juicer or Blender
3 Large oranges
Ice cubes, to serve
Chilled mineral water, to dilute (optional)
1. Peel the oranges, discarding the bitter pith, and cut the flesh into chunks.
2. Cut the pomegranates in half and scoop out all the seeds. Reserve a few seeds, if liked, for decoration.
3. Place the seeds with oranges and pass through a juicer or blender until juiced.
4. Place some ice cubes in the glasses and pour over the juice. Dilute with water, if using.
5. Scatter with the reserved pomegranate seeds, if using and serve.
Replace the oranges with 2 wedges honeydew melon. Remove the seeds and skin, chop into small chunks and blend with the pomegranate.